Friday 16 March 2012

CO - Magazine Ad - relationship to video & original images

When I was creating the magazine advert for our group, I thought it should have a strong theme that echoes through both the advert's layout and also links in with our music video, forming a sort of contextuality through both media texts. I had done a series of drafts before the final one was completed, and those also related to the video, and included pictures, stills and more, but the backgrounds needed work and were not prominent and detailed enough.


Here are the original images that I took for the advert's background. I created these by lying my guitar down in the grass and covering my arm in food-colouring (the colouring was blue, so I had to make the image black and white instead) to give the impression of a bloodied band member, a theme obviously recurring throughout the whole music video.




The final image used for the advert.

One of the runner-up ideas, I liked the torch
aspect on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make sure comments are appropriate. Comments are moderated, so no trollin bro!